Intake for our programs begins with a short phone interview. During the call, we determine your severity of addiction, current substance use, substance history, and family history. This information helps us develop a targeted and effective treatment plan that is unique to your needs. We also start the process of insurance validation and financial options.
We accept intake 24 hours a day.
If you choose to stay at a recovery residence, a few rules will apply during your time in treatment:
You may have visitors after at least one family session has taken place. There are no set visitation times, but you must arrange visitation through your primary counselor.
Phones are not allowed during the first 10 days of treatment. Any important issues during this period must be handled through your primary counselor or case manager. Notably, phone use is not allowed during outpatient treatment even for clients who choose to reside at home.
In accordance with California law, smoking is not allowed at any Clean & Sober Recovery facilities, including recovery residences. Smoke breaks outside are provided throughout the treatment day.
What To Pack
To help you pack for your recovery residence experience, here is a list of what to bring:
- Identification or birth certificate
- Insurance card, if applicable
- One piece of luggage with clothing for approximately one week. Please bring seasonally appropriate clothing. Gym clothes, yoga clothes, a robe and jacket are items to consider.
- One quart-sized zip locked bag containing cosmetics
- One gallon-sized zip locked bag containing toiletries
- All prescribed medications in the original container, labeled with your name
You can bring the following items to check out with permission from your primary counselor:
- Money to spend at outings or for essential items from the store
- Disposable safety razors (must be stored in a plastic bag)
- Hair dryer
- Curling/straightening iron
- Bottles of cologne or perfume
- Nail clippers or file
- Sewing equipment (needle and thread)
- Music player without camera or Wi-Fi capability
Please know that your personal belongings may be searched upon arrival or during treatment. We recommend sticking to this packing list.
What not to bring:
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- Any products containing alcohol (including mouth wash or hand sanitizer)
- Any sharp or dangerous items
- Jewelry or other valuables
- T-shirts with explicit, violent themes or references to drugs or alcohol
- Irons, fans or heaters
- Heating pads or electric blankets
- Wire hangers
- Aerosol cans
- Laundry detergent, bleach, fabric softener or dryer sheets
- Extension cords
- Outside reading materials, unless spiritual or self-help
- Personal linens, pillows or stuffed animals
- Technology, including cell phones (Please write down phone numbers prior to arriving at Clean & Sober Recovery)
- Any other items deemed inappropriate by Clean & Sober Recovery staff
At Clean & Sober Recovery, we recognize that recovery is an ongoing process. Our program is designed to give you lifelong support.
Recovery is strengthened when we share our successes and failures with a diverse community of people who have walked the same path. All Clean & Sober “grads” are invited to join our thriving alumni community and year-round events.
All alumni also receive the following continuing services:
- 24/7 support hotline
- Private Facebook and Instagram pages
- Support for struggling family members and friends
- Monthly pizza meetings
- Monthly follow-up calls
- Quarterly alumni events (past events have included beach outings, staff/alumni kickball games, bowling, rock climbing, and more!)
- Annual anniversary dinner